Re: Not my job, or is it?

Subject: Re: Not my job, or is it?
From: Sue Heim <sue -at- RIS -dot- RISINC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 11:27:51 PST

To someone's:
> >Basically, I don't think taking notes one time will kill anyone.

Eric replied:
> You betcha! I'd be happy to take a turn, along with
> all the programmers, analysts, requirements people,
> and assorted and sundry hangers-on. If it's just
> me, I'll do it once, then touch base with my boss.
> If it appears to be a permanent part of the "other
> jobs as required" part of my job description, look
> for me Xeroxing resumes at Kinkos by 8pm.

During "committee" meetings here (when we are working via committee
to establish procedures and all), everyone attending the meeting is
responsible for taking coherent notes when its their turn, and we
*do* take turns. It's that person's responsibility to update the
minutes document and notify other attendees that the doc is available
for downloading. This actually has worked well in the past
(especially since some of our programmers tend to be anal and write
*everything* down, even when someone burps! <grin>)!!

...sue