?Form design

Subject: ?Form design
From: David Blyth <dblyth -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 11:30:09 -0700

Patty;

>Does anyone have a good resource (book or web page) that outlines what
>consitutes good design of a form? I know what I like on a form: big
>spaces for
>my big printing. But what else is key?

It depends on the client and the form. I wrote one form for someone who
wanted the form to fit in a small text area. I wrote another for someone
who didn't care what the form itself looked like (input), but wanted to
format the form results (output).

In general, I find form design (what the form looks like) to be easier than
writing the CGI script which processes form input. So of course, I prefer
writing the script.... ;) This may not be one of your considerations.

You can always look at the HTML code of forms you like. Last, but not
least, you can embed someone else's form into your Web page... then access
their CGI script via a pointer (I'm not necessarily recommending this -
only noting that it's possible).

David (Just call me Cassandra) Blyth
Technical Writer & Web Site Designer
Qualcomm

The usual disclaimers apply - QUALCOMM isn't that crazy.

Blodo Poa Maximus