Journals and Software

Subject: Journals and Software
From: JAltieri -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 11:04:11 -0400

It's budget time, and I need to submit some figures for the following:

Books
Trade Organizations
Trade Journals
Software & Hardware

For trade organizations and jounals, I am a member of STC. I receive no other
journals but would like to.

For software, I use Word 6, RoboHELP, and Adobe Acrobat. I'm thinking about
Frame.

Questions:

Are there any other trade organizations that address technical communication
issues?

What other journals, besides STC's publications, would be helpful for
WinHelp, Acrobat, Word, and Frame? I write about software and life insurance,
placing my work online in a Win 3.1 (soon to be replaced by NT) environment,
on paper, and maybe going to cd-rom.

What third party software would be useful with the above software?

What software besides the stuff I use already would be helpful for things
such as indexing, file management, version control, etc.

What books woulg be useful?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Jim Altieri
Merrill Lynch VLSC
Springfield, MA 01102-9025
Jim_Altieri -at- pcmailgw -dot- ml -dot- com