Re: "tridant" vs. "trident"

Subject: Re: "tridant" vs. "trident"
From: "Matthew B. Hicks" <matt -at- UNIDATA -dot- UCAR -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 16:53:58 -0600

Wouldn't this actually be "triant"? Where's the "d" coming from? All
your other examples brought their own roots to the party and picked up
the "ant" when they got there; the "ant" didn't bring any friends.

I think you're right that it should be an "a" but I think maybe that's
only half the problem.

-Matt Hicks matt -at- unidata -dot- ucar -dot- edu
"This planet just stepped over the line, assemble the giant robot!"
-Dick Solomon, "3rd Rock from the Sun"