[Fwd: Returned mail: User unknown]

Subject: [Fwd: Returned mail: User unknown]
From: Patty Ewy <pewy -at- ICONTROL -dot- ANZA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 08:40:20 -0600

Greetings tech writers--

A while back my coworker/colleague/cohort posted a message to this group
about justifying the cost of 17- or even 21-inch monitors for our tech writing
group.

The higher-ups seem willing to listen to our pleas for the equipment that would
make us more efficient (!) but as part of our overall plan to get the new
monitors, we are supposed to come up with a plan to use up/dispose of the
existing 15-inch Macintosh monitors we use now.

Trouble is, we are the only group in our software company that uses Macintosh
computers. Everyone else is on PCs. (Even QA. Even though our software is
cross-platform. Yeah, well, don't get me started.)

I'm guessing there are three alternatives: (1) make the new tech writers (and we
are looking for a couple) use the smaller monitors, using the "trickle down"
method to at least get some of the larger monitors in place; (2) find some
adapter that would enable us to use the Apple monitors on PCs (so we could farm
them out to the testing area or something); or (3) work some sort of trade with
some business that sells monitors. (Surely these things'd be worth
*something*.)

Has anyone else out there had to do this? If so, please reply to me privately so
we don't have to tie up the list with this decidedly off-topic topic.

Thanks much!

Patty Ewy
pewy -at- icontrol -dot- anza -dot- com