Writing Specifications

Subject: Writing Specifications
From: Amy Brown <AMYB -at- IPRAX -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 10:41:07 -0500

Hi folks --

I am VERY new to this biz -- about a month ago I got a job at Iprax, a
developer of software and courses for interactive training. My first
mission is to write specifications. Fortunately I don't have to know the
C++ calls, but I am to describe every single interface item and its
function. So far my supervisors are pleased with my work, but they're
not tech writers. So I'm wondering: Am I doing this right?

I was wondering if anyone out there had some general suggestions on
spec-writing that I could use. I've looked for STC publications on the
subject and found none. Any comments or help will be GREATLY
appreciated.

Amy Brown
amyb -at- iprax -dot- com