Re: Frame vs. Interleaf (again)

Subject: Re: Frame vs. Interleaf (again)
From: "Dennis Hays/The Burden Lake Group, Ltd." <dlhays -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 08:29:39 -0400

At 06:38 AM 7/2/96 -0500, Marci Abels wrote:
>Anyone care to comment about the pros/cons of Interleaf over Framemaker?

This has always been a continuing topic on this list. However, as a another
answer, possibly on a topic, as yet un-posted...

Since Adobe acquired Frame last October, there has been continuing effort to
add to the Frame platform some of the characteristics of other Adobe
products, such as plug-ins.

If I were making the decision today, I'd make my choice based not only on
the ability of the s/w to solve my document processing today, but also on
the ability to provide for future needs. IMO (not so humble), Frame seems to
have the edge in this arena.

One final note: all of my dealings with Adobe support and customer service
have been exemplary.

Dennis Hays\The Burden Lake Group, Ltd.
Voice: 518/477-6388 Fax: 518/477-5006
eMail: dlhays -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com
"God doesn't want you to be certain.
That's why He gave you a brain."