Re: Designing Company Documentation Standards

Subject: Re: Designing Company Documentation Standards
From: Eric Ray <ejray -at- IONET -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 08:46:42 PDT

A few thoughts:

Plan. Plan. Plan. Design an (easy to produce) layout and plan for
online and Web at the same time.

Take your time. Jumping into the documentation without carefully
getting your ducks in a row will cause more problems later.

When I was in a similar situation, I arranged with my boss to
write off the older stuff and not try to get everything caught
up. We moved ahead on new documentation and brought the older
stuff in line as systems were revised and updated.

What I would have done differently?
I should have moved to Framemaker directly, rather than sticking
with the existing (less capable) tools.

Eric

--- On Mon, 24 Jun 1996 15:27:05 +0800 DIGEST Bruce Byfield <byfield -at- direct -dot- ca>