Re: FrameMaker and OS/2

Subject: Re: FrameMaker and OS/2
From: DIGEST Bruce Byfield <byfield -at- DIRECT -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 15:45:58 +0800

First, my thanks to the four or five people who replied to my original
posting on the subject.
Second, if anybody is interested, FrameMaker 5.01 will *.not* run under
the current version of OS/2. As I suspected, it uses a newer version of Win32s
than the current OS/2 supports.
However, Merlin, the new version of OS/2, which is now in beta, should
support the version of Win32s which FrameMaker needs. Whether it will run
FrameMaker, of course, is another story.
Anybody with the Merlin beta and FrameMaker care to experiment and report
the results?