Re: Re[2]: Digital cameras

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Digital cameras
From: Dianne Driskell <ddriskel -at- CS -dot- UTEXAS -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 10:38:52 -0500

You might want to check with your printer if you are referring to paper copy.

I have just completed the digital camera investigation for my department.

The Printing Department here at UT tells me that scanning prints is still
the best way to produce images for printed hardcopy until you want to go
to the really high-end digital cameras (I'm talking thousands of dollars
range). For online, the digital cameras are fine.

The way this medium is progressing, I don't think it will be very long before
we have high quality image-producing digital cameras at a reasonable cost.
I consider the alternatives each year, but for now have opted to stay with
the 35 mm camera, black and white prints for paper copy.

Dianne Driskell
Publications
UT-CS Dept.
ddriskel -at- cs -dot- utexas -dot- edu