Re- Online help

Subject: Re- Online help
From: Jean Clougherty <jean -at- VITALIMAGES -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 16:55:43 -0500

Melissa Hunter-Kilmer requested info about online help tools.

I have used a tool called HelpBreeze, by SolutionSoft, for producing on-line
help. Someone else at the company I was working for at that time had used
HelpBreeze and Doc-To-Help, and felt that HelpBreeze was better.

I also spoke to someone who used RoboHelp and was happy with it -- they said
they thought that RoboHelp had about a two-week learning curve. However, we
decided to use HelpBreeze for my project and I converted a small manual to
help in about 9 working days. So if it really takes about 2 weeks to learn
RoboHelp, then HelpBreeze must be a lot easier to use, since I learned it and
did a project with it in that time.

Now, here's MY request for help: I am looking for a tool for viewing online
documentation on a UNIX workstation. If you think you can help, see my
posting called "Wanted - Online documentation tool for UNIX" for details of
what we are doing. Thanks for any help you can give.

Jean Clougherty
Vital Images, Inc. (jean -at- vitalimage -dot- com)

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net