Appropriate posting etiquette

Subject: Appropriate posting etiquette
From: The Tech Writer <techwrtr -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 16:32:53 -0700

On Fri, 26 Apr 1996, Bailey, Doug S wrote:

> It seems there is some debate as to the propriety of this topic
> on the TW list. I was just submitting my input. Or do you send
> messages such as the below to everyone who submits his/her
> input on this?
> >
> >>Am I missing something, or does it seem rather ludicrous to post a
> >>message asking not to continue a thread to all 1,000+ people on the list?

> You're missing something.

Actually, Doug, what you seem to miss is that Eric already asked to let
this thread die. It's people who disregard these polite requests that
bring up the possibility of making this a *MODERATED* list.

It is also extremely rude of you to post an individual message to the
list without asking permission. Get a clue.

-David Castro
techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net