Re: Address fields

Subject: Re: Address fields
From: Susan Seifert <sseifert -at- FAIRFIELD -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 08:37:45 -0500

At 1:30 AM 4/22/96, Stewart Walker wrote:
>Hi all

>The app. I'm currently working on has 2 lots of address fields for users to
>complete - 1 for the user's physical location and 1 for their postal
>address. The physical location field is currently labelled "Work address"
>and the other is "Postal address (if different)".

>The problem is that although most of our users are in a corporate
>environment, we'll also have some home users. Home users may or may not
>have jobs, and may or may not want stuff sent to them at work. "Work or
>home address" isn't an option, as we don't want corporate users entering
>their home address.

>So my question is: What label should we use for the "Work address" field?
>What do you think about "Physical location"? Better suggestions gratefully
>received!

I would use fields as follows:

First Name
Last Name
Title
Company
Street Address
City
State
Postal Code

Mailing Address
City
State
Postal Code

"Street Address" is standard for physical address. Adding "Company" to the
name/address area in effect asks the customer for their work address. Home
users will leave that field blank.

Hope this helps.

sseifert -at- fairfield -dot- com

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net