Re: moderation

Subject: Re: moderation
From: Ronald Lee Stone <ston0030 -at- GOLD -dot- TC -dot- UMN -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 11:55:05 -0500

I had sent a message to Eric that I considered the discussion
resolved and that I had no interest in pursuing further discussion.
I would prefer not to continue the discussion however happen to
care about this group and its areas of consideration, and feel to
some extent obligated to share an opinion.

John Gear writes:
> But while thinking about it I remembered other things I think would make the
> list more useful/friendly for those of us who get the digest, which Eric
> encouraged lo these many moons ago.

Making TECHWR-L more useful and friendly may not be as substantial
an issue as making it less asinine (this is not being unkind as I
believe that the list has more pluses than minuses). I assert that
moderation would accomplish this and other objectives allied with
subscribers and purposes of discussion. This is the motivation.

That said, this is too much to take on the many opposers for me. I
also don't blame Eric for sitting on a moderation decision in light
of what would be required to make it work. This is a fairly well
represented/selected group of professionals and academics, and the
organization of their activities ought to be left to groups such
as the STC or academic technical communication departments. Hope that
this can be of help.

This may not be the final word but I think it is mine.

Until later,

Ron

Ronald L. Stone : ston0030 -at- gold -dot- tc -dot- umn -dot- edu : (612) 644-9706
listowner-administration : (subscriptions, filelist, general)
RADIO-L : discussion of Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB)

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net