Re: Need Word-to-Frame and VISIO estimation help

Subject: Re: Need Word-to-Frame and VISIO estimation help
From: Sally Yeo <sallyyeo -at- EXECPC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1996 08:01:24 -0600

Richard,

Visio is a flow-charting, graphics tool. (ABC Flowcharter is another.)
It is very powerful and most people like it a lot. However, we are just
finishing a project in which we had to import Visio into Frame. Not
simple. The writer has the steps, and I can get them for you, but it
went something like this:
1. Resize drawing in Visio. This also means reducing the font
size and manually adjusting some of the containers to fit the words, and
some of the lines.

2. Make an anchored frame in Frame to hold the image.

3. Copy the flow chart in Visio.

4. Paste Special as a picture or BMP (I've forgotton what the
dialog box offers)--non linked, minimal space required placement.

5. Print it. It won't look good online. You can only tell its
quality when it is printed.

For this project we imported unformatted Word text with no
problems. I can't remember whether Frame reads the Word styles or not so
I will let others comment.

Sally Yeo
sallyyeo -at- execpc -dot- com