Need Word-to-Frame and VISIO estimation help

Subject: Need Word-to-Frame and VISIO estimation help
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1996 03:33:35 -0800

I have a client with a set of five manuals in Word. Many of the diagrams
were created in VISIO (whatever that is) and cut-and-pasted into the Word
documents.

The project I'm estimating involves keeping substantial parts of the
material, but reorganizing the manual set and adding new information
corresponding to a substantially improved version of the product.

Because I've recommended moving to FrameMaker, while some of the client's
employees would prefer that I stay with Word, I need to quote it both ways.

I'd appreciate advice about the difficulties of Word-to-FrameMaker
conversion, and I'd especially like to know more about VISIO -- in
particular, what FrameMaker-friendly output formats I can use with it.

Thanks for any help you can give me. If anything coherent emerges I'll be
sure to post it to the list. ...RM

Richard Mateosian Freelance Technical Writer
srm -at- c2 -dot- org Copyright 1996 Review Editor, IEEE Micro
http://www.c2.org/~srm/ All rights reserved President, Berkeley STC