Re: British English in _tech writing_

Subject: Re: British English in _tech writing_
From: DFIERRO <DFIERRO -at- LANIER -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 1996 09:38:21 EST

>The problem, of course, is managing to decide what's relevant BEFORE
>it's posted. I detect a software bias in your messages, Melissa,
>which is understandable in light of the fact that the majority of
>technical communications is in the software industry.

NO! NO! NO! and NOOOOOO!

Software bias, maybe. Majority of technical communication is in the
software industry? Only to those with a software bias.

Consider the lowly pine beetle. This bug is the focus of much
research and dollars spent. Many technical writers and editors make a
terrific living researching, writing, and editing the TECHNICAL
INFORMATION relevant to the field of forestry management.

BTW, the foresters, as well as the forestry technical writers and
editors, use computer hardware and software and internet connections.

Dan Fierro
dfierro -at- lanier -dot- com