Online help

Subject: Online help
From: Melinda Carr <melindac -at- CAPSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 09:43:43 -0700

I'm finding the discussion of online helps interesting. The biggest issue
I struggle with is the relationship between online helps and the user's
guide.

In the initial release of the product, we tried to keep the printed
manual relatively brief and make the online helps the complete source of
information. Users complained that the manual didn't discuss the more
advanced topics. With every release, the manual gets bigger and bigger.

It bothers me that we duplicate everything, but OTOH, I want users to be
able to find the information they need. How have you resolved this
problem?

Melinda (melindac -at- capsoft -dot- com)

--

Melinda Carr
melindac -at- capsoft -dot- com