SURVEY.

Subject: SURVEY.
From: "Bernard A. McCann" <bi975 -at- FREENET -dot- CARLETON -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 16:03:18 GMT

It seems that this group is now read by a good number of technical writers
from around the world and, being an ideal forum for useful surveys, I
wonder if you could spare a few moments of your time to help me arrive at
a reasonable answer to a nagging question; what type of application
program do technical writers use for their word processing? (Assuming, in
this case, that you don't produce graphic art or desktop publishing, etc -
only write).

The definition of "frequent use" means on a regular basis, ie if you used
Interleaf last year, don't use it now, but think that you'll be able to
use it again next year, your X should still be placed undo "NO".

Please type an X under the "YES" or "NO" columns.

YES YES NO
(Advanced level) (Word processing only)

I make frequent use of:

1. MS Word, or similar:

2. Interleaf, or similar:

3. SGML:

The results will be posted here as soon as a reasonable number of replies
have been e-mailed to me. Confidentiality will be respected.

Many thanks, in anticipation.

Bernie

--
_/
_/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/ "Caesar had perished from the world of men