On-Line Help User Data

Subject: On-Line Help User Data
From: Tracy_Heldt -at- GLOBALVILLAG -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 17:04:39 -0800

On-Line Help User Data
4:44 PM
3/25/96
To TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU

I'm looking for information about the percentage of users
who regularly use on-line help. I assume that this
percentage varies depending on the computer platform and the
target audience; however, I'd be interested in any research
that you have come across.

In addition, have you encountered any research regarding
what users expect from an on-line help system? (A large
topic, I know, but I'm just interested in pointers to
relevant research.)

Tracy Heldt
Tracy_Heldt -at- GlobalVillage -dot- com