Re: Copyright

Subject: Re: Copyright
From: Lise A Hansen <hanse067 -at- MAROON -dot- TC -dot- UMN -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 14:11:04 -0600

Although I agree (more or less) with the response Marilynne quotes below, I
just wanted to say that I didn't write it. If there is another
Lise/Lisa Hansen on the list, my apologies.

-lise

*****************************
Lise Hansen
hanse067 -at- maroon -dot- tc -dot- umn -dot- edu
Online Courseware Developer
Minnesota Extension Service
University of Minnesota

Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 03:28:00 PST
From: Marilynne Smith <mrsmith -at- CTS -dot- COM>
Subject: Copyright

Lisa Hansen writes:

<< If people start claiming copyright infringements for information
broadcast on the net on mailing lists then guess what, the internet just
died. Most of its benefits just went out the window. I am happy for my
posts to be used by other people, in their workplace, if they were going
to quote me in a commercial venture (eg book) I would appreciate them
asking first. >>

I agree. While at work, it's also expedient not to send e-mail about any
topic you would not wish to be read in staff meeting.

Marilynne