Scorned Feminists

Subject: Scorned Feminists
From: Marilynne Smith <mrsmith -at- CTS -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 1996 09:07:00 PST

Tim Alton says:
Their contributions to the industry will eventually change attitudes and pay
scales, and perhaps, in time, the language. Unknown and unrecorded, their
accumulation of merit is, even now, altering the face of the business world.
==============================
My reply

I have a rule of thumb when looking for work: If the writers are all
female, look elsewhere. In my experience, an all female writing group
indicates lower wages, lower status, and all sorts of negative things. I
would also steer *far* away from an all female group where a male is the
manager.

I may miss a few good jobs with this, but I find my rights are better
protected when the manager (male or female) is looking to build a good
department with good writers. The result of that type of search is usually
a mix of male and female writers.

Marilynne
mrsmith -at- cts -dot- com
Marilynne Smith