Re: Requesting Posting Courtesy

Subject: Re: Requesting Posting Courtesy
From: Kent Newton <KentN -at- METRIX-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 11:44:00 PST

On Friday, March 15, 1996 10:41 AM, katnagel wrote:
>Kent Newton quoted Richard's signature and wrote:
>>>Richard Mateosian Freelance Technical Writer
>>>Review Editor, IEEE Micro http://www.c2.org/~srm/
>>>President, Berkeley STC Copyright 1996 srm -at- c2 -dot- org
>>>
>> (snip)
>>I would have sent this reply to Richard in
>>private; however, because of a corporate decision to use MS Exchange as
>>our mail program, I was unable to see his email address in the header
and
>>he did not include it in his signature.

>Errrm...it's there in the snippet you quoted, Kent.
>Right next to the copyright notice.

>Perhaps we should all take time to -look- at what we're quoting before
we
>make judgements about it <grin>.

>@Kat_____ Kat Nagel
> MasterWork Consulting Services Rochester, NY
> LIFE1 (techwriting/docdesign) katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
> LIFE2 (vocal chamber music) PlaynSong -at- aol -dot- com

I stand corrected Kat. Thanks for pointing out Richard's email address
to me. I saw his URL, and I saw the copyright notice, but I didn't
notice the e-mail address buried to the right of the copyright notice.
It never occurred to me to look there because I was not aware that an
email address could hold a copyright <sheepish grin>.

I promise to look more carefully in the future.
Kent Newton
Senior Technical Writer
Metrix, Inc.
kentn -at- metrix-inc -dot- com