copyright - posting TECH-L

Subject: copyright - posting TECH-L
From: Gordon Hayes <ghayes -at- PANTHER -dot- VANTAGEPOINT -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 1996 20:04:39 -0700

Hmmmm...
I have a question:
I had been going on the theory that if used for educational value, that
many things could be copied, perhaps the only requirement being that the
reference be made. And as Al Rubottom has mentioned, as well as many
others, mail lists are plastered all over the Net. Therefore, is this
whole arguement regarding the posting of the list on a web page, Esp., if
NOT for profit, merely academic? If so, I feel it is safe to proceed with
the posting of the list on my page, and open to the public. I feel
though, that the focus of this list, will make most people that stumble
upon it move on rather quickly. Its pretty uninteresting if you aren't
interested in the field. I don't see the people that frequent the Iaido
list (martial arts - swords), finding much of interest in a writing
group (unless they are writers, in which case, they would already belong
or perhaps join.
Of course, this begs the question of how to know how many belong, if they
view on a web page. Well, statistics can be drawn and supplied, I'm sure.
So, if there are no more formidable arguments, I feel I can safely post
on my web page.
Thank you all most kindly,
Gordon

---
Gordon Hayes (Writer/Consultant) WebRiters / LaGoN Productions
Email: ghayes -at- vantagepoint -dot- com / Also on: WolfeNet,
The Microsoft Network / KCMBS-NDEX
WWW URL: http://www.vantagepoint.com/ghayes/