Royalties from TECHWR-L ???

Subject: Royalties from TECHWR-L ???
From: Guy McDonald <guym -at- DAKA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 08:41:57 -0800

"I'd be interested in other people's opinions, but I think what you've done
violates the copyrights of list members. You can give people information
about how to find something, but if you reproduce the thing, you need
permission."
----------------
Fascinating.... Having followed the old copyright thread a while back, this
note rather disturbed me. The opinion was asked for, so here's my thoughts
on the matter.

Is anyone making money submitting "opinions" and ideas to TECHWR-L on such
topics like: "Using Font Types", "HTML vs. Acrobat", "Doing your own art",
etc. ??? Isn't this list a resource available to the on-line Technical
Communicator? Or is it some private club that threatens litigation
everytime someone quotes one of our "esteemed" messages?

Frankly, I would be very interested to know who receives royalties from any
messages that are posted to TECHWR-L. Please, let's not banter back and
forth "my copyright is bigger than your copyright" in this forum.
Thank you.
Guy McDonald
guym -at- daka -dot- com