Documenting A Moving Target

Subject: Documenting A Moving Target
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 1996 10:27:01 +0100

Hello Karen,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von Karen Gwynn/Datatel an All am 20.02.96

KG> From: Karen Gwynn/Datatel <Karen_Gwynn -at- datatel -dot- com>

KG> Problem: I am trying to document a product that is still being
KG> developed, not
KG> just tweaked. By this I mean, something that I documented on
KG> January 31, now
KG> works differently.

I know this difficult situation :-(

There are a few strategies to cope with this problem:

- Try to delay the description of details.
- Leave many details to the online documentation.
- Concentrate (if they let you) on the user interface of the
program. If you improve that, you have less to explain afterwards.

No real solution, but a few ideas...

BTW: Many have known me as a regular contributor to this list but I had nearly
disappeared during the last months. Last week I moved to a new location and
that only was the final stage of a private disaster. But the future looks
brighter now...

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander