Winning proposals

Subject: Winning proposals
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 17:46:00 EST

Hello to everyone. We were sitting around the office poking at our old,
tired proposal format, and we fell to discussing what our colleagues did for
proposals. I said I'd plumb the knowledge of the group, or at least the
experience of those who, like ourselves, make a living by hammering on
client doors.

What I'd actually like to get is real photocopied samples of real proposals
that snared real jobs. All the descriptions and advice in the world can't
compare with an actual sample to look over. I'm in Indianapolis, so anybody
who's too close by can just ignore this request. I wouldn't want to
compromise my direct competitors. But I'd be obliged if I could get others
to send me copies of proposals that have actually pulled in business,
especially up against bigger or equally capable competitors. These could be
faxed to me at the number in the sig.

I'd like to say that I can offer a quid pro quo of some kind, like a list
broadcast of a distillation of the proposals. If that's what the list would
like, so be it. Myself, I rather question the usefulness of such a
distillation, knowing that I'd have to do the distilling myself, and I'm not
necessarily a distinguished distiller.

Please feel free to email me with questions, if you like.

Tim Altom
Vice President
Simply Written, Inc.
317.899.5882 (voice)