Re: HTML and printed doc from one source file

Subject: Re: HTML and printed doc from one source file
From: Tim O'Neill <budjit -at- DATAPLUSNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 15:36:04 -0600

Gord Varney wrote:

> I'm looking for suggestions for a way to create good looking printed
> documentation *and* good looking HTML files from the same source file.

> I have Internet Assistant from MS and I 'spose it will more or less do
> what I want. It seems intent on restricting some of the things I need
> for a paper doc though - toc for example.

This might apply to your situation.

Take a look at using FRAMESETS (see Netscape documentation) in your WWW exhibit. This allows you to build a HOME PAGE
consisting of 2 or more windows (FRAMES). Each frame is a different URL. One of the URLS can be your TOC, with links
targetted to an adjacent window.

Look at one of my WWW sites with Netscape 2.0 for an example...http://www.excel.net/pigeon/

--
|Tim O'Neill New Media Publishing Services|
|BudJit Graphics budjit -at- dataplusnet -dot- com|