Re: permission for keeping writing samples

Subject: Re: permission for keeping writing samples
From: David Somers <dmps -at- EURONET -dot- NL>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 19:33:14 +-100

> What is the generally accepted practice on whether or not you obtain =
explicit permission from your employer to permit you to keep a copy of =
your work for use in your portfolio?

I've usually mamanged to keep a sample or three of my work, unless it =
has been covered by a non-disclosure agreement... actually this caused a =
bit of fun because I was at a job interview last week, and they were a =
bit miffed when I couldn't show them samples of my work for the past =
year thanks to a NDA.

Of course, there are times when you just can't get hold of the work that =
you produce. I wrote a manual for DEC (one year of blood, sweat, and =
lots of tears) and never saw the result because the site I was at never =
got production copies. Hey, if anyone of this list works for DEC and =
could order my book for me that would be great (especially as it was one =
of the books that I am most proud of).

David
dmps -at- euronet -dot- nl