Re: Windows check-box terminology

Subject: Re: Windows check-box terminology
From: Heli Roosild <HeliR -at- MSMAILHQ -dot- NETIMAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 09:39:00 PST

FWIW, the new MS Style Guide recommends "select" and "clear."

--Heli
helir -at- msmailhq -dot- netimage -dot- com
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Date: Wednesday, February 14, 1996 4:01PM

I don't like "check" because it is ambiguous in non-American english: I feel
that if I tell users to "check the widget box", they may just check it in
the British sense (i.e. observe it), rather than set it or mark it.