Re: "The new way to 'office'"???

Subject: Re: "The new way to 'office'"???
From: Karen_Mayer -dot- TOUCH_TECHNOLOGY -at- NOTES -dot- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 13:34:32 EST

-------------------- ORIGINAL MESSAGE TEXT --------------------
Have any of you noticed the new Kinko's ad slogan -- "The new way to office"?

"Office" as a verb? I guess it's just an advertising thing, and it did
catch my attention. I'm generally in favor of verbizing nouns where a
useful purpose is served, and I am part of their "small office, home
office" target market.

But, this new verb they are proposing sounds so odd. I suppose you could
argue that it is specific to white-collar work, while the verb "work" is
non-specific.

But what does "office" as a verb mean? Does it mean "to photocopy stuff?"
Maybe "send memos and letters?" If using a noun as a verb is just an
inventive way to get a point across, I might not squirm too much. But
that! "The new way to office" doesn't mean a darn thing to me.

-- Karen