Re: Request for change

Subject: Re: Request for change
From: Karen Kay <karenkay -at- CADENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 11:41:58 -0800

Tom Tadfor Little said:
>How 'bout a little slack?

>(Or run a moderated, invitation-only list for the five or six people
>who think writing is off-topic on a writing list)

Why don't you run your own list, Tom? Too much trouble? Takes too much
of your time? You don't have the resources? Hmmmmmm... Kinda makes you
think, doesn't it??? Or it should.

As for replies not going to the list, and actively discouraging
posting, I think that in some sense that's true. We're at Oklahoma
State on sufferance. One of the issues is certainly volume. Techwr-l
is a high-volume list.

If you are willing to run your own list, go ahead. But stop whining
that Eric isn't doing things the way that you would if you're not
willing to do them at all.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com