Re[2]: Request for change

Subject: Re[2]: Request for change
From: Tom Lange <Tom_Lange -at- CCMAIL -dot- BMC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 13:11:51 CST

These seem like management issues, as did some of Eric's.
Maybe we need a TW management list as well as the TW list.

Just one Texan's opinion.

Tom Lange
tom_lange -at- ccmail -dot- bmc -dot- com

Subject: Re: Request for change
Author: FB -at- POINTDUBLIN -dot- CCMAIL -dot- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM at unixlink
Date: 2/9/96 5:56 AM

Yay Eric!

I'm with you completely on this one. I've found a lot of useful
information on this list over the last year or so; for example,
solving some doc problems with Word; looking at electronic publishing;
managing in tech writing; and so on.

But I find these endless discussions on hyphens and
restrictive/non-restrictive clauses a tad tedious, to say the least.
And not a lot of use.

What keeps me awake at night?

How we will implement the conditional text option in Word so that we
can single-source documents for different platforms.

Do we stay with add-ons to Word to create our online help or do we
create help from scratch?

What is the best tool to use to convert WinHelp to OS/2 IPF files?

How do we meet the deadline of producing three sets of docs (about 8
books in each) within the next 8 weeks for software that hasn't even
moved into testing yet and is still changing rapidly.

How do I set about training the new writer starting next week so that
he can get up-to-speed as quickly as possible without feeling
overwhelmed, and at the same time produce quality work.

How do we implement a version control system for our docs that
describe a product that works on five platforms, in about 10
languages, with five different database types?

How do we work together with training to ensure that we all produce
what's needed with as little duplication and as high a quality as
possible.

I could go on and on, but you get the idea, I'm sure. Frankly, I
sometimes wish I had the time to worry about thats and whiches and
hyphens and the like...

But you know, most days it's fun.

Fionnuala Broughan
fb -at- pointdublin -dot- ccmail -dot- compuserve -dot- com

<<On this list, I speak for myself, not POINT.>>

Subject: Request for change
Author: INTERNET:Eric -dot- Ray -at- wcom -dot- com at CSERVE
Date: 07y02y96 18:59

Gang,
I'd like to make a request.

I'd like to see discussions and questions on bigger issues
than ones that we can look up in a dictionary or reliable
reference material.

<snip>

Ask me if I woke up in a cold sweat worrying about if I used "which" or
"that" in a specific section.

<snip>

M-not-so-HO,
Eric
ejray -at- galstar -dot- com

Eric J. Ray | Eric -dot- Ray -at- wcom -dot- com
WorldCom, Inc. | W: 918-590-4140
1 Williams Center 29-5 | F: 918-590-2372
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74172 | P: 918-690-1314
Web: http://www.wcom.com/