Acrobat

Subject: Acrobat
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 09:39:00 +0100

Hello David,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von David Ibbetson an All am 04.02.96

DI> From: David Ibbetson <ibbetson -at- idirect -dot- com>

DI> My very limited experience with Acrobat has been its large file
DI> size. OK,
DI> there's plenty of space on a CD-ROM, but we're being encouraged
DI> to send
DI> Acrobat files over the Internet, or am I wrong?

two ideas about this:

- The primary data format on the WWW is HTML and this format can be
quite compact. But it might get bloated if more and more people
demand DTP-like functionality.
- Adobe works on an Acrobat variant where you can download sinle
pages. Up to now you must download the whole PDF file before you
can access anything within.

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander