International symbols

Subject: International symbols
From: jblair -at- CREO -dot- BC -dot- CA
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 17:32:04 PST

Hi everyone,

I am currently documenting a machine which will be marketed
internationally. The production team is building a monitor panel of
three buttons, red, yellow, and green, which will be built into the
surface of the machine to show the machine's progress as it does its
thing.(I'd tell you what it does, but it's still under wraps as a
trade secret.)

My project manager asked me for internationally recognized symbols for
progress, error, etc. which will be imprinted as icons on the buttons
in the monitor panel. Any suggestions? Is there an international set
of symbols which will fit the bill?

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

Jennifer.

jblair -at- creo -dot- bc -dot- ca