Re: Acrobat

Subject: Re: Acrobat
From: Kent Newton <KentN -at- METRIX-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 11:09:00 PST

I haven't used Acrobat yet, but when I did my research on distributing
manuals on CD-ROM, no one mentioned that the Acrobat file sizes were
large. HOWEVER, I was told that the pdf files used to create those
Acrobat files were "big. Really big." Could this difference in
experience be the result of confusion over which files are being referred
to? Or could it be because of the content of the files differs
(graphic-intensive versus text-intensive)?

Kent Newton
Senior Technical Writer
Metrix, Inc.
kentn -at- metrix-inc -dot- com

On Monday, February 05, 1996 8:40 AM, TECHWR-L wrote:
>My experience with Acrobat has been that the files sizes are smaller
than than
>the original document. We use Acrobat for internal distribution of
project
>docs over the company network (via web pages).

--snipped --