Re: Why We Need Good Software Manuals

Subject: Re: Why We Need Good Software Manuals
From: Glenda Jeffrey <jeffrey -at- HKS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 23:27:36 GMT

Jane Bergen (janeb -at- answersoft -dot- com) wrote:
: This is my pet peeve and yet my engineers absolutely INSIST that I do
: this! I hate it! They want every field in every window and dialog box
: to have a separate topic.

I agree. In our help, we focus on providing a helptopic for groups
of items that correspond to a particular TASK. For example, if
the Name, street address, city and zip code fields all fall under
the task of "Filling in your home address," then that's the helptopic
we end up with.
--
Glenda Jeffrey Email: jeffrey -at- hks -dot- com
Hibbitt, Karlsson & Sorensen, Inc Phone: 401-727-4200