Re: Re. Online help/docs

Subject: Re: Re. Online help/docs
From: "Huber, Mike" <Mike -dot- Huber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 11:17:18 -0500

I see it differently: A manual and a help system try to do
two different things, which I describe in terms of the ideal,
magical version.

Manual - When you read the magic manual, you become
an expert at whatever it's about. The manual, in practice,
is also the backup to the help system.

Help System - When you push the magic help button,
you get the answer to whatever your question was.

Both should cover most of the same material, but in different
ways.