making slides: how much to charge?

Subject: making slides: how much to charge?
From: Cathy Quinones <quinones -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 17:55:49 EST

Ok, this is one of those "how much would you charge?" questions...

How much would you charge for making camera-ready,
presentation-quality slides from someone's handwritten notes, using
Corel Draw or some such program? The product would be a floppy with
files (customer then pays 3rd party to make the slides).

I understand that just getting the slides made (once files are ready)
costs ~$4.25 per slide. How much is the LABOR of creating the files
worth? Do you charge by the hour, or by the slide?

(this is one of those things, you don't want to undercharge the
customer because later on it will be difficult to get them to pay the
real market value!)

Thanks!

Cathy Quinones
quinones -at- mindspring -dot- com
http://www.mindspring.com/~mintz/coverpg.html
(that's my web page with pet bird care info)