Re: Writing for direct mail

Subject: Re: Writing for direct mail
From: Herman Holtz <holtz -at- PALTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 08:08:48 UNDEFINED

In article <UPMAIL04 -dot- 199601171510190359 -at- msn -dot- com> Judith Blackbourn <JudiStaal -at- msn -dot- com> writes:
>From: Judith Blackbourn <JudiStaal -at- msn -dot- com>
>Subject: Writing for direct mail
>Date: 17 Jan 1996 09:16:53 -0600

>Our marketing department is looking for books, seminars, or workshops for
>developing a winning writing style to use in direct mail. Anyone out there
>familiar with this genre?

>Thanks for any help you can give!

>Judith Blackbourn
>Lone tech writer at
>Wallace Label Systems group
>JudiStaal -at- msn -dot- com

There are lots of good books on the subject, as well as two
controlled-circulation periodicals (DM NEWS and Target Marketing). Herschell
Lewis, a highly regarded copywriter, is the author of at least two good books
on the subject. One of his on my own shelf is Direct Mail Copy that SELLS,
Prentice-Hall. Bob Bly is another author to look for. (He is the author of
several books, including The Perfect Sales Piece, Wiley.] Also books by Julian
Simon. My own efforts in this field are Great Promo Pieces and The Ditrect
Marketer's Work Book, both published by Wiley. - Herm

Herman Holtz [holtz -at- paltech -dot- com] -dot- Consulting & custom services
for marketing/writing needs: brochures, direct mail, ghosting,
proposals, manuals, other. Write, call for free estimates.
PO Box 1731, Wheaton, MD 20915; 301-649-2499; FAX 301-649-5745.