Re: Certification - Canadian Degrees

Subject: Re: Certification - Canadian Degrees
From: Grant Hogarth <GRANT -at- ONYXGFX -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 10:10:03 -0700

I believe (but do not *know*) that UBC and Ryerson Polytechnic also
offer degrees.

Grant
(Who *does* have advanced degrees, and *knows* that they got him
interviews and jobs independent of his other qualifications.)

> Date: Fri, 12 Jan 96 23:00:03 -0700 (MST)
> From: Michael Priestley <mpriestley -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
> Subject: Re: Certification - Who'll run it?
> To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L <TECHWR-L -at- VM1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu>

> Larry Kunz (ldkunz -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com) wrote:
> >STC isn't pushing certification at all. Quite a few
> >of our members are, of course. And some of the most vocal of those
> >members are in Canada -- a country which lacks even a single degree
> >program in TechComm.

> University of Waterloo, in Ontario, Canada, provides a Bachelor's degree in
> Technical Communications.

> Michael Priestley
> mpriestley -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com
> Disclaimer: speaking on my own behalf, not IBM's.

Grant Hogarth, Information Developer Onyx Graphics Corp. Midvale, UT
www.onyxgfx.com ftp.onyxgfx.com
#include <std_disclaim>

Then he [Piglet] gave a very long sigh and said,
"I wish Pooh were here. It's so much more friendly with two."
--(Winnie-the-Pooh)