Counting Noses (continued)

Subject: Counting Noses (continued)
From: Herman Holtz <holtz -at- PALTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 15:19:58 UNDEFINED

To my surprise, the resposnes are still comming in, and I can report 30
and 13 as freelancers. That's about 56% staff to about 44% freelance, which is
not greatly different than the first ratio I was able to calculate. So it is
clear that nearly one-half of those reporting are freelancers. (Several of
those who are staffers report that they do some moonlight freelancing,
however.) There is no way to determine whether the ratio holds for all tech
writers, but there is no reason to believe that it does not, either. - Herm

Herman Holtz [holtz -at- paltech -dot- com] -dot- Consulting & custom services
for marketing/writing needs: brochures, direct mail, ghosting,
proposals, manuals, other. Write, call for free estimates.
PO Box 1731, Wheaton, MD 20915; 301-649-2499; FAX 301-649-5745.