Re: Counting noses

Subject: Re: Counting noses
From: Herman Holtz <holtz -at- PALTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 08:30:09 UNDEFINED

In article <BBFCB66AE7 -at- ris -dot- risinc -dot- com> Sue Heim <SUE -at- ris -dot- risinc -dot- com> writes:
>From: Sue Heim <SUE -at- ris -dot- risinc -dot- com>
>Subject: Re: Counting noses
>Date: 10 Jan 1996 23:42:27 -0600

>Herman Holtz wondered:
>> Is it possible to get something of a fix here on how many contributors here
>> are staff persosn and how many are freelancers?

>Is this for your own personal information? Or is this for a survey of some
>sort? Why do you want to know?

I am trying to ascertain how much of a freelance market tech writing is today
(as compared with the time I was in it, years ago), and willing to share the
information with all.

At the moment, I can report 22 respomses, with 12 reporting themseleves on
staff and 10 claiming freelance status. One or two of the 12 on staff are
temps, on the staff of job shops supplying them for on-site assignments. - Herm

Herman Holtz [holtz -at- paltech -dot- com] -dot- Consulting & custom services
for marketing/writing needs: brochures, direct mail, ghosting,
proposals, manuals, other. Write, call for free estimates.
PO Box 1731, Wheaton, MD 20915; 301-649-2499; FAX 301-649-5745.