Mentor as manager?

Subject: Mentor as manager?
From: Geoff Hart <geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 13:24:37 LCL

A fellow I met at an STC conference in New York (from
Martin Marietta, as I recall) observed that your mentor
should rarely be your manager too... largely because you
sometimes need to have advice on how to deal with your
manager, and the manager can rarely give you that advice
objectively.

--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: If I didn't commit it in print in one of our
reports, it don't represent FERIC's opinion.