Re: Usage Question: Claris the Cow-dog

Subject: Re: Usage Question: Claris the Cow-dog
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 01:20:48 -0800

>I suspect the answer to the "Registered/TM'd" question might be
>on the Dogcow Web pages, which you can find at

>http://dev.info.apple.com/dts/dogcow.html

Yes, the answer is there:

The dogcow logo (along with its call, "Moof!") is a trademark of Apple and
is proprietary. The dogcow appears on Apple's Developer CD Series disc and
in other material. Apple has a pending U.S. registration on it. Accordingly,
it's not available to third-party developers as an icon or file symbol.

...RM

Richard Mateosian http://www.c2.org/~srm/ President, Berkeley STC
Freelance Technical Writer srm -at- c2 -dot- org Review Editor, IEEE Micro