Re: Queations about postscript and fonts, PM6 and .pdf

Subject: Re: Queations about postscript and fonts, PM6 and .pdf
From: Philip Schuler <pschuler -at- WAM -dot- UMD -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 1996 08:33:20 -0500

Adobe has an brief description of PostScript on their web site. Point
your browser to:

http://www.adobe.com/PS/PS.html

In article <4ci89m$jv8 -at- piano -dot- synapse -dot- net>, rchenier -at- synapse -dot- net (Raymond
Chenier) wrote:

> The postscript concept is one that has eluded me long enough (I hope).
> I tried to create a .pdf file from PM6 and I must install a postscript
> driver. I have an Optra laser, or does that even matter.
> Q1: I have loads of .pfm (.pfb? fonts), Is it possible that I am not
> even making use of these because I don't have a ps driver loaded?
> Q2: What advantages, if any, are there if I load a ps driver.
> Q3:I think my laser has a pcl emulation, is this related?

PCL and PS are related in the sense that they are competing page
description languages.

> This whole postscript issue is one that I have had trouble locating
> good information on.
> thanks

(Followups to comp.lang.postscript)