Certification - My Turn

Subject: Certification - My Turn
From: "Larry Kunz ((919) 254-6395)" <ldkunz -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 18:56:39 EST

Wow! I'm away for a few days, and when I come back there's this
great discussion about certification going on. Having digested all
of it in one big gulp, I can't possibly address all the good points
that were made. But, in the spirit of keeping the pot boiling, I want
to have at some of them.

Out of consideration for the various email tools y'all are using,
I'll send my thoughts in a series of short notes, all with the same
subject line.

Note that these are my opinions, not STC's official position --
because STC doesn't have an official position yet. (As Bonni Graham
said, my STC responsibilities include oversight for the
Certification Issues committee. Terry Skelton actually chairs the
committee, and I'm his "STC boss." That was me, sitting two places
to Bonni's right, in the November videoconference.)

Bonni also commented that this discussion is much more fruitful than
the one in TECHWR-L a year or so ago. I agree. This has been a
great exchange of ideas!

Larry Kunz
STC Assistant to the President for Professional Development
ldkunz -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com