Re: Literature & tech writing (was: I am a trademark)

Subject: Re: Literature & tech writing (was: I am a trademark)
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 1995 06:46:14 MST

Leslie Bialler <lb136 -at- columbia -dot- edu> wrote-->
> Only if you can get anything you want there, I suppose.
> Your assignment for next week:

> Are there similarities between the people Guthrie meets at the Group W
> bench and the characters in the "Don Juan in Hell" sequence of Shaw's
> "Man and Superman"? Explain.

Nooooooo! <screaming and running wildly off in all directions>

Blending Leslie's assignment question in with another thread,
*please* don't anyone tell me that doing well at these literature
questions is a requirement for being a good tech writer.

I aced journalism, I aced English comp, and I even aced creative
writing, but, man, I just didn't get this literature stuff. For
some reason, my answers to this sort of question never matched
my instructor's expectations. I squeeked by with a C. And I
think he was being kind.

Bev
=*= Beverly Parks -- bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= Huachuca : That's pronounced "wah-CHEW-ka" =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=