Make those calls, ASAP!

Subject: Make those calls, ASAP!
From: John Gear <catalyst -at- PACIFIER -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 15:02:00 PST

To avoid an unpleasant holiday surpise, call your reps and senators now to
oppose the censorship of the internet based on the legally-undefined (and
undefinable) "indecency" standard. Also ask Pres. Clinton to veto same if
it should pass.

>CALL THOSE REPRESENTATIVES!!!

> December 19, 1995

> House Speaker Newt Gingrich told an audience on Monday that the
> telecommunications legislation would be ready for House floor action
> within 72 hours.

> Published reports say virtually all of the remaining issues in
> disagreement between the House- and Senate-passed versions have been
> reconciled. However, some cautioned that there is no agreement until
> there is a final agreement.

> The agreement could be finalized at a meeting of Conferees or by
> circulating a conference report document for signature.

John Gear (catalyst -at- pacifier -dot- com)

The Bill of Rights--The Original Contract with America
Accept no substitutes. Beware of imitations. Insist on the genuine articles.