combining threads

Subject: combining threads
From: Kim Adams <kimadams -at- OZ -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 22:57:07 GMT

After distilling a couple of threads (resume scanning and email
hyphenation), it occurred to me to tell you some resume-scanning and
-search software does not use a synonyms list. The search-and-match
software used by the contract firm that keeps my resume on electronic file,
for example, recognizes "on-line" but not "online." Outwitting this kind
of software by recording all possible permutations could double or even
triple your resume's keywords list.

Kim Adams
AT&T Wireless Services